September 28, 2011

Making the best with what I have


Coming up from a rough neighborhood and tackling the problems that came my way, I never thought I would be the person that I am today. I found myself growing into a leader and never a follower. In almost every situation I always wanted to be the leader of the pack because I found myself to be a great motivator of any group I was a part of. Saying that, I do think that is one of my growth areas because I would love everyone around me to be a great leader as I’ve grown to be. 

As I become more of an adult, my goals and expectations of myself are growing. I never want to be at a place where I’m just settled, I want to continue to grow and help others around me to exceed their limitations in their life. What motivates me is that I know that I can help others as soon as I help myself get to the place I need to be to help them. In a way, I think I live my life to help other people because when people are happy, I think I’m at my happiest when I’m helping others victoriously achieve their goals.

What really helped me in becoming the person that I am today and having the motivation, courage, and leadership skills is volunteering my time to different committees and continually involving myself with others. I would love to see myself owning my own event planning company just to see people smile and know that I put that smile on their face.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment