September 22, 2011

Staying current with events

Facebook is forever changing and constantly trying to improve to keep people engaged and interested in the very popular website. (Facebook Change)

Facebook wants users to “merge their online and offline lives.” Why? Why do people need to have all of that information online? I don’t want anyone flooding my news feed with things that happened 50 years ago. I mean, I understand that Facebook is a site for people that know each other to stay connected, but really?

Personally, I feel that the more simple a website is, the more people would want to use it. My reasoning for this is, there are a ton of people that would love to use Facebook, but the technicality of the site is driving people away.

The developers may think some of the changes are "cool," but as a persistent user, I personally don't like when the site is changing every couple of months. It really frustrates me when I'm still trying to adjust to the changes they made before.

I also feel that instead of them trying to randomly make changes, they should reach out to the average Joe to see what the Facebook team could do to improve their website. Without people, there would be no Facebook.

Saying that, I think Facebook made more than a lot of people mad when they made these current changes to the news feed because there was nothing wrong with it in the first place! Why fix something that isn't broke? They JUST made changes with the Facebook chat, why can't we as a Facebook community get used to that first?

The Facebook team should be focusing more on controlling the over load of spam that's been flooding peoples wall instead of making things more difficult with the site!

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree. Facebook has lost its user friendlyness. Perhaps it will have less users in the future? Lets take it back to the basics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with what you said in your blog. They're focused on the wrong things and maybe they're trying to be too ahead, although I doubt there is a way to be too ahead. I can say that I learned some new information from your blog.

    ReplyDelete